Thursday 15 August 2013

Dental piercings and terrible legs.

This one is a bit spotty. 

Lately I've been having a lot of dreams about when I worked at the piercing shop - going back and working again mostly, or going back to visit old coworkers and my boss. 

In this one I was getting pierced. In my front tooth. I initially had a big ring on my left front tooth. I could feel all of the enamel chipping off as I got it done, and immediately after thought "oh god... why did I do this?!" I knew this was forever and that I'd ruined my teeth for life. I kept asking the piercer to change it to a smaller barbell so I could eat, but kept getting told I had to leave the hoop in. I was eating hummus and then suddenly remembered this hoop, which I then took out and looked at this ghastly hole in the mirror. "Oh my poor beautiful teeth! I'm so hideous! My teeth were the only thing I had going for myself!". I walk past a full-length mirror to catch a glimpse of my legs, which are huge, lumpy, rolly things now with huge swells of varicosities. "God, I've let myself go. Why did I stop running??"

The piercing shop has turned into a lingerie store, and I'm stocking lacy bras. There is a potluck planned for after work which I am initially excited about. The fire alarm goes off, and I rush to the break room to help get everyone out safely. Everyone is lying down and being lazy. "Come on guys, we need to go and get out." Nothing. I go over to one girl who is lazing on a bed and I say "Lets go! Move your big fat butt!". The girl's eyes widen and immediately I know I've made a huge mistake. 

We're back stocking lingerie and no one is speaking to me. I'm beating myself up. The potluck no longer includes me. Why did I say that? Why am I so stupid? I've forgotten how to talk to real people. I feel anxiety rising in me in my dream. I wake up feeling anxious and guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment